services For Developers
- Conducting a site visit to the proposed development site to assess the surrounding area and offer an initial overview of the likely risks.
- Building a 3-D CAD model of the proposal and surrounding area; conducting a full rights of light study to fully understand the likely impacts.
- Where necessary, conducting internal surveys of neighbouring properties to ensure the accuracy of the rights of light surveyors study.
- Preparing a full rights of light report which details all potential risks and offers advice on the options for proceeding.
- Negotiating with affected neighbours to try to reach an agreement to release their right to light in order to address the risk of a potential claim against the development.
ADVICE FOR DEVELOPERS CONCERNED ABOUT RIGHTS TO LIGHT
“We have used Blue Sky Surveyors for the past year due to the complexities presented to us by our neighbour’s extension. We have always been impressed by their helpful advice and actions taken to secure our rights. This resulted in our light infringement being upheld and acted upon. We are very grateful to have received their expertise and would recommend them without hesitation to anyone finding themselves in the same situation.”
“Very happy with everything. Helpful throughout. Really took the time to discuss our situation and made it easy to understand our options and provided solutions to us.
Answered every question we asked promptly and made the whole process easy for us.
10/10 for their excellent and quick service. ”
“Great experience – very professional”